Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

New motorcycle - No stamp duty?

Discussion in 'Businesses and Service Providers' at netrider.net.au started by Alun, May 9, 2008.

1. Hi everyone. Just put down a deposit on a new lil Honda today. However, on the contract of sale next to Stamp Duty ... is blank! Will the dealer stick it to me later or is there some kind of exemption? We negotiated on the on road price so I'm quite baffled at the moment. Btw, I'm in NSW.

Al

2. I would've thought that SD, rego, insurance and any other relevant charges would've been listed on the contract.

But if the sale price is on road and all inclusive then maybe he didn't bother writing it in.

Just make sure that you have a copy of the contract and that if the figures are written in later on that you stick with the original price. Otherwise you have the right to terminate the sale agreement.

3. If you've negotiated an on road cost then thats the max you're paying - they cant change their mind.