Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

New motorcycle company: Mac Motorcycles

Discussion in 'Bike Reviews, Questions and Suggestions' at netrider.net.au started by didierkasjan, Jun 3, 2009.

1. There is a new British motorcycle company called Mac Motorcycles.
    look them up on google, i can't post link yet because I'm a new forum user :(

Personally I think they are beautiful cafe racer style bikes, and with 1 cylinder buell engines I'm sure they will thump along.
    Does anyone know if there are going to be any stockists in Australia?
    What are their price points?

2. Oh wow! :shock: They're gorgeous.

spud_black_800x455.

I want one! :grin:

3. beauty must be in the eye of the beholder :p

4. More for me then! :LOL:

5. I like the looks of the other model, the one they call "Pea Shooter":

peashooter_black_800x455.

But... looks aren't everything. They are 500cc bikes using old Buell engines that have reputation for being kind of crap, not very powerful but vibrating a lot... and they want to sell them, apparently, for something like 16,000 US.

Call me naive, but while I'm all for minimalist approach I believe it should be accompanied by minimalist pricing. IF these bikes competed with Gladius and ER-6, I'd be very excited. But if they are going to price them like some sort of exotica... well, f*** off.

6. The lines are similar to a confederate wraith

006799.1-lg.

Beat me to it. There's a lot of horror stories about these engines online. They make the V-twin buells look like models of 1st class build quality and reliablity. They make a 650 hyosung look like appealing budget transport.

7. Engine from a Buell blast.......Buell's equivalent to the Honda CBF250, minus reliability. (cbf is short for "couldn't be f$%ked" which was the attitude of the designers :LOL: )

2007-buell-blast-5_460x0w.

8. ^^ They kinda look like they gave up halfway through assembling the bike and left off 3/4 of the bits.