Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

New MotoGuzzi Tourer Available in September

Discussion in 'Bike Reviews, Questions and Suggestions' started by JohnG., Jul 30, 2006.

1. the base model...
    the tourer...
    also has been seen in red... :cool: :grin:

Hmmm,A tad pricey...you can buy a lot in other brands for that...

2. I like the look of the red Norge its got some tuff competition in the BMWs it would be interesting to see how it stacks up the new BMW R1200 will more then likely kick its arse.
    Being a Guzzi man I hope it does well. :grin:
  3. Yup,same here...
  4. The current (ie August) Two Wheels has a "quick fang" on the Norge (pg 60) and the review wasn't overly exciting. Aparently there is quite a bit of vibration through the bars.

But i do like the look of it, especially in red.
  5. But wait,theres more... :grin:

2007 Moto Guzzi SP1300, Stelvio postponed
    As reported earlier Moto Guzzi will concentrate on launching a sports bike next after efforts on the Norge tourer and Griso muscle bike. Today this has been confirmed from the Moto Guzzi press office. Moto Guzzi told me that they are testing a 1.1, 1.2 and 1.3 litre engine destined for the new sports bike. Only one of the configurations will make it, but cubes will give the new bike more muscle and an advantage on the road. The bike will be fully faired and the styling will be a mixture between the Griso and Norge models. Pic: HvW

It is believed Moto Guzzi has been developing an adventure bike they intend to call Stelvio. Moto Guzzi told us this project has been postponed at least one year so no production ready adventure bike later this year at the EICMA show in Milan
  6. Duffman,
    I read the article today.I've also read other tests and have never seen H/bar vibes mentioned...maybe that test bike was a bit outa tune...as its a common complaint with EFI Guzzis that are outa sync.
    But yes,all the tests I have read complained about engine heat on the legs,due to the alternator & oil cooler being mounted between the cylinders...although all have said its a sweet handler that eats up highways.
    Anyway,the new price is a bit much for me at the moment...