Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

New model releases?

Discussion in 'General Motorcycling Discussion' started by GoTeam, Jul 9, 2008.

1. My significant other wants a bike to cruise around on and has convinced me to get one again to go with her. Stupid me let my Ls expire without doing my licence test so it'll be back to Ls again for me. We're not certain what we're going to get but the release of new models will probably work in our favour for used bikes. Most '09 cars seem to be released around Jul-Sep of '08. What time of year do new model bikes typically get released?

2. You're on your L's, so the last new model release was last year with the new Ninja 250R, before that whenever the Whoflung's came out, then like 1984 when the GS500, ER5, GPX250 etc etc came out.
  3. the newest bikes you can get for L at the moment in melbourne would probabbly the hyo 250, ninja 250, vtr 250. But methinks vic has started the LAMS scheme havn't they? you can get the Honda CB400 which came out just recently. You should go check out the LAMS list.
  4. he is talking about new year models, not specifically new model releases

can be anywhere between september- anytime in the actual year stamped on the compliance plate, a few of the 08 bikes never came out til very recently
  5. (apologies to those who have heard me say this many times before)

I suggest not buying a brand new year model of a brand new bike for your Ls. That's basically the most expensive possible way to buy a bike, then in a year or two you'll make a *massive* loss selling it when you upgrade. If you have the money to waste by all means go for it, but if you'd rather put that money into buying something really nice as your longer term bike, then why not get a second-hand bike for starters? Or, if you insist on a brand new one, at least get a runout model of the current model rather than wait for the newest of the new, cut your losses a bit...
  6. Ah haaa.... he's back! Congrats Tony :grin:
  7. Thanks for that info. That's exactly what I meant.

Yes and I'll be going through the Ls process with my other half :).

I probably should have done my full licence test back when I could have.... I think I'm going to end up on the same bike (year and model - '06 VTR) as I had last time.
  8. I reckon a zzr or gpx would be dirt cheap if anyone has any left still