Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

New members in Brisbane

Discussion in 'Welcome Lounge' at netrider.net.au started by turtle54, Apr 14, 2009.

1. Hi. We have just joined the forum. We have a collection of classic Japanese bikes in various states of restoration.
    Jane & Allan

2. Welcome to NR Jane and Allan,

What do you consider "Classic" Japanese bikes? How many Honda 750Fours have you got? :grin:

(Actually, when I think of it...there's the Suzuki Katana, GPZ750 Turbo..or was that a 500 turbo? Yamaha RZ250...)

Anyway...Welcome :grin:

3. By classic i meant old but not yet vintage.
    One 750 four.
    Several CX500s including one Custom
    350 four
    Suzuki X7
    Bol D'or 900
    Probably more - I can't remember.

4. Ahhhhh...forgot about the ole Rollerdoor.

My cousin is currently restoring a Honda Dream. That would count as classic wouldn't it?

5. Definitely. The Vintage Japanese Motorcycle Club "admits" all bikes over 15 years.
    A dream is vintage.

6. not true till we see pics

7. OooOOoooOOoo! I like old bikes. Pics plox!

8. welcome to NR
    all you need now is a CBX750

9. Welcome to NR J&A. So do you currently ride or just do the resto thingy? Would certainly like to see some of those bikes out and about at some future time.

Cheers
    Di :grin:

10. Yes we do ride. ATM the CX500 Custom and CX500 Cafe racer special are registered.
    Allan rides and I am more of the pillion type. I did ride for a while but after offing and breaking both elbows, I think the riders seat isn't for me.
    I'll get some pics up when I get time.
    Jane

11. I have a soft spot for cafe racers - hope to see yours one day. The Ducati 750 Sport I saw today way certainly a highlight.