Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Discussion in 'Welcome Lounge' started by MacManMike, Sep 26, 2007.

1. Howdy all.

Mike here. Just joined up.

My partner and I both ride, although she is currently bikeless.

We've got an old K100RS and are doing up an R65 for her. Have a dirt squirt too.

Looking forward to meeting some of you out there some time. Bring on the warm riding weather!

2. Hey Mike,
    Welcome to NR. Glad to see you joined us! Look forward to be able to get in some riding with you. Keep your eye on the ride announcement threads for anything that may interest you. Catch you both soon. You should venture along to one of the coffee nights and meet a few peeps.

Cheers, Brij
  3. Or just move to Qld, like every other Victorian, and enjoy the warmth year 'round. :p

Welcome to NR, mate. :grin:
  4. Been to Queensland enough to realise we have it better here!

At least we get 6 months of the year without blow flies. But thanks for the welcome!

Yep, shall do Brij - Williamstown is a nice ride from here in the evenings.

5. Welcome, Mike :)
    Have a browse around...
  6. Welcome Mike :grin:

Are you doing the work on the R65 yourself?
  7. Yep, we're both working on it which is the best bit.

The bike has been in the family for nearly 20 years but still only has 28,000km on it. It's really just a case of undoing all the damage from poor storage.

New brakes, rebuild front master cylinder, a bit of painting, new steering head bearings, regrease everything else, new fluids, new battery, work out why it doesn't want to start...

She's a nice old plodder.
  8. That's awesome Mike!
    Makes it much more fun that you can both work on it and in the end have a great outcome.
    My hubby and I are going to do the same thing to a ninja...should be a great little (possibly big :shock: ) project :)
  9. Welcome to NR.. Just up the rd from me i see.. :grin:
  10. Hi Blue,

We used to live in Fitzroy but have been here for a year and a half. Much nicer being closer to the hills. Very easy just to head out past Riddells Creek and disappear...