Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Discussion in 'Welcome Lounge' started by brendan03, Dec 6, 2006.

1. Hey guys - I'm a Melbournian and have had my full license for a couple of years now. I finally have the opportunity to upgrade the SPADA and stumbled across NetRider while researching my next bike.

Love naked bikes and I'm looking at purchasing a new SV650 in Jan/Feb next year (really hoping for a better colour on the K7's) :p

Anyway's, long story short, NetRider and some of the knowledgeable posts by it's members were a huge help in arriving at my decision (over the Yamaha FZ6n and the Kawasaki ER-6n) and the least I could do was make my $5 donation and say thank you.

Cheers guys - looking forward to lurking around!

2. Nice-lookinh bike - welcome to the forums :)
  3. Cheers brendan03, wish everyone had the same contibution thoughts as you in relation to the $5, it's not much to pay for a wealth of information. well done :cool:
    Welcome and enjoy the forum.
  4. welcome dude...see ya on the black stuff
  5. Welcome brendan. :grin:
  6. Welcome Brendan, and you can get plenty of advice about the SV too; quite a few bods here have one....
  7. Welcome Brendan
  8. Welcome Brendan.

Great attitude mate. I hope the safe riding karma Dog smiles on ya forever.
  9. Thanks one and all for the warm reception, really looking forward to the new year and a new bike! :grin:

Glad to hear that there are a few SV's on the books at NetRider to - just adds to my faith that I'm making the right choice. Let's hope I can take it out on track/ride days soon and meet some of my fellow riders from sunny Melbourne!

BTW: Any members work at Mick Hones in BoxHill that I can suck up to to get some free gear thrown in? haha :LOL:
  10. Oh, question: How do I get my "NetRider Member" icon to show up? I found some directions in another post to add the forum username in the MEMBER SHIP / JOIN -> Update Details section which I've done, but no luck.

Any idea what I'm doing wrong?
  11. Welcome Brendan :)
    You used to be able to click on someone else's "netrider member" logo and it would take you to the spot for getting your own up, but that doesn't seem to work now (the site's been under-going some changes). PM Vic to see what to do.