Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Discussion in 'Welcome Lounge' at netrider.net.au started by 96CI, Oct 8, 2015.

1. Hi based in Sydney ride a Road King Classic. I like touring Australia and currently planning a trip to New Zealand.

2. welcome aboard :]

3. Thanks just finding my way around the site

4. Welcome to NR

5. Hello and welcome to the forums 96CI96CI. Enjoy your NZ adventure :)

6. [​IMG]
    Yes maybe enough to make a fence :)

7. Yes going for three weeks both Islands looking for anyone that has done a similar trip?

8. Thanks

9. Thanks , do you know of anyone who has ridden New Zealand for three weeks any plans, routes, recommendations etc?

10. I remember reading some posts here on NR.. Try doing a search here.

Someone may come along with more information as well..

11. Agree with LL above, search this site, I remember reading about someone's trip.

I've driven around South Island for 2 weeks, landed in Christchurch, hired a car and took off through Arthur's Pass across to West coast, went South through famous Glacier country along the coast.

I turned inland at Haast and continued along hair-raising Haast Pass to Wanaka, Queenstown, Lake Te-Anau (nearly bought a house there and was seriously looking for a job).

Then I went up North again to Lake Tekapo to check out their amazing astronomy tours and famous observatory. After couple of days there, a dash South-East to Duneedin before completing the loop along the East coast to Christchurch.

Great roads and plenty of accommodation. Travelled in second half of January, nice weather too :) Will definitely do it again on two wheels this time!