Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Discussion in 'Welcome Lounge' started by Osva, Jun 8, 2015.

1. Hello Everyone,

Just saying Hi!

I am a new rider-to be! Have not got my bike yet, nor the licence.

Always wanted a bike but never had a chance to get one, until now. Trying to do as much research as possible before making a decision.

Thank you all for your help in advance :)
    • Like Like x 1
  2. G'day Osva, welcome to the forum and good luck with your preparations for the Learner rider course and test.
  3. Howdy & Welcome to NR!
  4. Welcome Osva, Saturday Practice in Homebush is worth a visit even if you don't have a bike yet. You can speak with a lot of other new and experienced riders before you make your decision. You need to make some preliminary decisions:

What type of bike are you looking for?
    What type of riding are you going to do mainly, weekend , commuting, touring?
    What is your budget, remeber to budget for helmet, and riding gear as part of your overall budget?

Good luck with entering he world of bike riding, most of us here are converted beyond redemption. :)
  5. Greetings and just do it :) Life is too short not to ride a motorcycle :)
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. That is exactly what makes me want to buy the bike. I live in Wentworth Point, which is right through the Homebush area and I see them practice multiple times during the week and esp weekend. Every time I drive past there I just stare and wish I was on a bike haha

My miss is the one that took lots of convincing and getting her warmed up to even the idea of me having a bike. Initially I was told I could buy one but would only be able to ride it with engine off! haha

It would be only for weekend. I do have a car which I do need to use for work. Maybe once I am more experienced I would start taking it to work and back. Issue is my working hours are peak traffic hours which means lots of traffic and crazy as drivers.

I am interested in Super Sport. Being a first time rider with no experience I have decided against getting an expensive bike. I was keen on a Ducatti Monster 659 but even if budget was fine with it - just would damage it and cry about it later. So I am going to say to learn and have fun in - up to $4000 for bike.

As far as the gear guys - to be honest I have not thought about it as much. I know i need it all and that it aint cheap - not sure how much it would cost either. So in this area I am in the dark.

I have spend the day reading the First Time forum area with all the notes and hits and posted few questions there..with many more still in my head haha

Thanks for the welcome! :)
    • Like Like x 1
  7. welcome aboard :]
  8. Welcome to NR...
  9. Welcome Osva. Some words of wisdom - take your time and choose wisely in your decisions, practice what you learn and be careful when you get out there