Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Discussion in 'Welcome Lounge' at netrider.net.au started by str33tf1ght3r, Jan 15, 2015.

1. Hi everyone - I am new here, initially with the idea to asking for advice and then depending on that advice you provide you may see me on here a bit more often.

A bit about me first - I am a 41 yr old male who lives in Canberra with my partner and 3 kids (14, 3, 3). I am a keen dirt bike rider and a novice scuba diver. I am 183 cm and about 100 kg.

The reason for my post is because I am considering selling the dirt bike and moving to road bikes. I have ridden dirt bikes since my early 20s and would consider myself as a slightly above average rider. These days with a young family i am finding myself with less time to take a day out to go riding as well as having less fitness to enjoy a day out riding.

I have always had some reservations about road bikes which has kept me away from them primarily because of the risks of other vehicles on the road. The last time I rode a road bike was back in 2006 and it was a VFR750 which I did enjoy. My other concern is that despite having ridden for many years, taking to a road bike will be like starting all over again.

2. Welcome mate. Just remember you can't go over the cars...;-)

What sort of bike are you looking at?

3. LOL - yeah I'll have to becareful of that...riding over cars will just hurt me I think :)

re what sort of bike, I have put a post into the New riders thread, but generally I am seeking some advice in this space. I am looking for a commute/day ride bike. Saying that I did see a GSXR 750 for sale which I liked the look of

4. I'll go to the other post....

5. Welcome to NR..

6. Welcome to the forum!

7. welcome aboard :]