Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Discussion in 'Welcome Lounge' started by PRJ564, Sep 5, 2012.

1. Giday everyone. I'm new to Netrider and am hoping to enjoy some of the forums here. It's been difficult finding an Aussie site to join.
    I have recently bought an XJR1300 and enjoying some at present very cold rides in the East Gippsland region of Vic. Previous bike was a K2 Honda with the bigbore kit and unfortunatly it had to go. The wife wasn't overly impressed about the new bike but when are they. I would like to here more from XJR owners about their experinces with this bike and hope to see a few at the Bombala bike show in November. By for now PJ.

2. Gidday bloke
    Welcome to the strange and bizzare
  3. Welcome to NR from a fellow Gippslander.
  4. welcome mate :)
  5. Welcome to NR, PJ! (y)

Awesome bike you got there - The XJR1300. I've been eyeing it for a while now and possibly my next upgrade (it's in the top 3 at the moment) when I get off restrictions.

What year is yours? Have you got any pics?

Ride Safe!
  6. Welcome to Netrider :).
  7. Welcome to NR mate

Really like the bike i love nakeds :)
  8. Had a bit of a break (left foot) from everything so I haven't responded to any posts.
    As to the above question about the bike love it, rides great good handeling lots of instant power. Had it's first service last week, got home and got a faint smell of fuel and ideling a little faster than usual didn't think too much about it.
    Took it out of the shed to warmup before work and watched a large pool of petrol develope under the motor. (not happy Jan). Found that when I had the heated grips put on a safety clip on the high pressure fuel line hadn't been put back on so while riding I hadn't noticed the fuel would have been pretty impressed with the potential flames coming out the back. Anyhow all fixed now. Thanks for the welcome look forward to more posts.
  9. Welcome matee. I was just admiring a new XJR13 sitting in peak hour on Parramatta Rd on Thursday. Nice to be able to see all the goodies underneath and they seem pretty straightforward to work on.