Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Discussion in 'Welcome Lounge' started by melbnath, Dec 3, 2011.

1. Hi

Been reading NR forums for awhile now and decided to join
    My bike at the moment it the petal powered one finding some good technical downhill tracks is its specialty, also have been riding dirtbikes in the bush a fair bit (since 16-22) but haven't been riding on a motorbike for about 2 years now, could ride a 6 hr day through mud, creek crossings, up hills etc
    Haven't got a 'motor'bike atm but it will happen one day looking at a road bike for the weekend and after work rides. (hills, twisties, technical, track maybe)
    Suggestions would be good (I have my full licence) not looking at a supermoto but something that will be easy to ride but the fun factor needs to be there (budget probably $12K including gear)
    Located in SE Melbourne so when i do venture out and hop on the 2 wheels (on the road) wouldn't mind finding someone to show me the ropes.

thanks Nathan

2. G'day Nathan,
    I know you said you're not looking at supermotos but have you considered a streetmoto, something like a Dorsoduro or a hypermotard? Streetmoto's are basically a cross between a supermoto and a street fighter, essentially a naked sports bike usually with a larger capacity engine than a supermoto but still with some of the advantages they offer. Anyway, just a thought.
    ......Oh yeah, welcome to NR mate.
  3. welcome to NR nath, as long as you like, buy what you want :)
  4. Hi Nathan and welcome to NR
  5. Welcome aboard, Nathan (y)