Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

New member - Sydney...

Discussion in 'Welcome Lounge' at netrider.net.au started by Its the Pleats, Feb 8, 2011.

1. Hi all,

I've been reading for a while and have just got round to signing up.

Quick bike-bio...

Rode a postie for 4 months a few years ago just for transport, sold it and didn't ride anything until April last year. Went to Vietnam in April and did a 7 day bike tour on a Honda 160cc - by far the best thing I have ever done! Bought a Kawasaki EL250 when I got back to NZ (where I was living at the time) and did a lot of day trips out of Auckland. Since moved back to oz late last year, sold the Eliminator and bought a '95 BMW F650 in Melbourne. Rode it up here to Sydney and here I am.

I've done one trip on the F650 down to Calalla Bay (south of Nowra) in December and a couple of highway trips to Canberra but otherwise she's my daily ride to work.

Keen to get into some group rides so I'll keep my eyes on these forums. I'm working on the 19th Feb so no Putty loop for me:( Next time...

Thanks for reading dudes/dudettes, hope to ride with some of you soon!

2. Welcome. Hope to see you out there.

3. welcome :)

4. Howdy!

Any pics from your bike tour you'd like to share?

5. Welcome Pleats!

6. welcome :D yeah, you got the bug badly, buddy :p

enjoy the rants and raves and the trolls - don't feed the trolls, they're getting fat.

7. welcome mate :)

8. Thanks for the quick replies, I guess all our families are in bed and we are all out watching Top Gear on the tellie with our laptops on our... well... laps? Or is that just me?

Great site by the way, much better than Pprune...

9. G'day mate

Welcome!

Fun Ha!

10. Welcome. Where abouts in Sydney are you based?

Also NiteKreeper has a monthly Putty ride that you might be interested in, very good bunch of guys when we had it last.

11. Yeah, mad keen for a Putty ride. I'm in Drummoyne.

I'll post some pics of Vietnam when i get a chance.

Cheers