Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

New Member Shout Out

Discussion in 'Welcome Lounge' started by Flyboy01, Jun 2, 2012.

1. I am new to the forum and just wanted to say hi. Actually, I may have joined back in about 2002. Did you guys used to mail out laminated membership cards? (oldtimers must be kicking in!)

I had been riding on the road since 1990, until kids came along and in 2005 I went to the Dirt Side. Seemed to be the sane, licence preserving thing to do here in south east Queensland. Sold the chook chasers about 2 years ago and got into mountain biking BIG time.
    I bought myself a very tidy 2002 YamahaR1 in January and am easing my way back into motorcycling, when I am not out MTBing.
    My Sydney based brother, Chillertek, put me onto this forum and I hope to catch up on the 7 years I had off road riding. A lot has changed in that short time and I'm glad I didn't have 20 years off!

On another note, how do I get an avatar and profile picture up? I can't work out how to make my photos so small. I seems a pretty tight limit on size compared to other forums. Cheers in advance.
  2. Welcome (back)
    Yep I've got an original laminated membership card, #1666 actually.....
    If you need to resize your pics to 1024x768 just download Photo Resizer or paint.net
  3. Sorry ! Welcome flyboy mate ! Got distracted there for a minute
  4. Well it's like this. We used to get a laminated membership card. Then Vic and Jason bought a proper credit-card-type card maker. Then Vic and Jason had a disagreement and went separate ways and Vic kept the card-maker.

I'm not sure what happens with membership cards these days; I've got both a laminated one and a card one, I think Jason was looking to out-source making the cards at one stage....
  5. Hmmm shit go...would make life easier for both parties involved if trying to claim on a discount from a NR vendor...such is life though - would be nice to see the return of them at some point
  6. A MTBer? Nutters you lot are (with love) downhill or xc?
  7. XC mainly. I have a 26" dually, 29er hardtail and a 29er full rigid single speed. Got pretty much all disciplines covered except for full on downhill(too old for that anyway). I am fitter these last four years than I have even been in my life. Funny how comfortable an R1 seat is after sitting on a pushy seat for 6-8 hour rides! No complaints about the R1 for me...apart from the fact it is too quick at the moment. Getting my head around it all again. 8-[
  8. Ah, so my memory wasn't failing me! I have a feeling that I finally piffed the card a couple of years ago. Will have to have a look for it as it would be interesting to check my seniority.