Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

New Member/Rider from Gippsland

Discussion in 'Welcome Lounge' at netrider.net.au started by Darrensc72, Nov 14, 2015.

1. Hello everybody,
    I thought I'd introduce myself as a new Member and new rider, I have been contemplating getting a bike for too many years and, well, I guess it's time for my midlife crisis to begin so here I am.

I did my pre learners intro course at Deca last Friday, I'm booked in for my learners next Saturday and will most likely pull the trigger on a brand new Yamaha XVS650 Classic on Monday after doing a mountain of research trawling the net and visiting bike shops and the xvs650 Classic seems like a great and logical choice for what I want, not to mention a great looking bike IMHO

Looking forward to learning much more from the contributors of this forum and contributing myself along the way.

Cheers Darren

2. Welcome Darren, good luck with your test.
    I prefer the custom's look, but to each his own.
    The 650 is a pretty good bike and you should have no trouble with it.
    Enjoy

3. Welcome along, enjoy riding, enjoy learning and enjoy the bike!

4. welcome aboard :) good luck for the test.

The XVS is a great choice, enjoy.

5. #5 Darrensc72, Nov 14, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 15, 2015
    Thanks Stever
    I like the style of the Custom aswell however you can't beat the price on the Classic at the moment and definitely prefer the black over the White. But as you said to each their own. The real problem is there are too many nice bikes to choose from lol

Thanks Teef, much appreciated

Thanks Jeffco, appreciate the words

• Like Like x 1
  6. So whereabouts are you ?
    There's a few netrider's spread across Gippsland.

7. I'm in Traralgon in the Latrobe Valley, it'd be great to meet up with some fellow Gippslanders for a ride once I have a few hours under my belt.

8. Haha I lived there for 10 years. From Grade 3 until the end of year 11.
    Still visit friends down there occasionally.

9. Nice, so you know the area well, there are some great roads in every direction I'm looking forward to experiencing on the bike

10. Welcome to Netrider and 2 wheels Darren!

11. Thanks David, I'm glad I joined, seems like a great community and there's certainly a mountain of valuable information here.

• Agree Agree x 1