Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

new member, ready to ride!

Discussion in 'Welcome Lounge' started by Ashchittick, Dec 27, 2015.

1. Hi guys! My name is Ash, I currently ride a Kawasaki Vulcan 900 Custom. recently my father in law was diagnosed with prostate cancer (he's currently being treated for, so far so good! ) and his bucket list was to own a Harley, so he got himself a new 1200 sportster, and I got my Vulcan Custom so we can ride together (unfortunately my budget didn't allow me to join the HD club!)
    We are based out of Langwarren (Frankston area). Iv been reading netrider for ages, and thought I would finally join up to see when there are any rides around the Melbourne we could join in on :)
    Seems like a great community! Looking forward to meeting more like minded people around Melbourne

• Like Like x 4
  2. Welcome to Netrider Ash!...you will find lots of info about rides for you and your father in law in here :)
  3. Howdy AshchittickAshchittick and welcome to NR. Enjoy the Vulcan and riding with your father in law.
  4. Welcome Ash, hope you catch up with some of the local rides.
  5. Thanks guys! Where is the best place to find out about rides? In the forums or events section?
  6. Howdy Ash, welcome to NR! Congrats on getting your Vulcan, very nice ride. All the best to your father-in-law with his fight. There are plenty of rides going on on a regular basis starting from Melbourne (wish I was there!). Check out this section Ride and Event Announcements, and go to VIC part of it. There are weekly rides on Saturday and Sunday, plus some others put together on and off. Stay tuned and have fun on your bike (y)!
  7. welcome aboard Ash :) Some might say your better off without the HD :p either way the Vulcan is a nice bike. All the best to your father in law.
  8. welcome bud!
  9. Welcome ash, I hope your father-in-law beats the dreaded C: Australia's cancer survival rates are among the best in the world so hopefully he's among those stats.

Congrats on getting a bike, and on your good taste for reading Netrider for a long time.

I don't suppose your family somewhere along the way has connections in Kiama, NSW? That's a very Kiama name you have!!!