Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

New member northern rural vic

Discussion in 'Welcome Lounge' started by cruisin4abruisin, Apr 17, 2015.

1. Hi everyone, I don't think I did an intro, so here it is.
    Names Rick, joined the forum back in Feb 15. Have been making a few comments etc and have been doing much bike research in that time. My motorcycling background is I grew up on a farm and learnt to ride on an MX Yamaha 100 2 stroke. On other friends properties I rode Yamaha ag 100s, Yamaha Moto4 and timberwolf quads, Honda trx and big red quads. Later in life I gained a job on another farm and spent most of my work day in the saddle of a Yamaha AG 200. I also had a bit of a play on friends Yamaha TT350, Honda VFR 400, ktm 250 just to name a few. My first bike was a Kawasaki KLR 250. I never had it on the road. Fast forward to today. I began my research on here and started talking to riders I knew. I sought out my mate Dave, he rides a classic HD shovel and a Triumph street triple. He suggested I look at a road trail as I was considering a cruiser, by this stage I had been warned off buying a hunter, I looked at a hd street 500, I spoke to my mate rob next, I knew he had owned a Xvs650, he suggested a tourer, he had at that stage an fj1100 in his shed, I spoke to my mate Chris, he said ktm, forget all others, mind you, he's a motocross racer. I spoke to my mate macca who's a bike mechanic, he suggested a Zook Dr650, I started looking at Irma, yamaha

• Like Like x 1
  2. After I liked at a new klr 650 and Suzuki v strom I spike to my mate Daryl and his father, whom has raced bikes, he suggested a BMW. So here I am, I have decided I am buying a BMW GS 650. Ride safe and il see you all on the road.
    • Like Like x 2
  3. Nice ride Cruisin4abrusinCruisin4abrusin lots of keen beemer riders on here! Look forward to some pics as well.:)
    • Like Like x 1
  4. Thanks oldmaid, ill be sticking plenty of pics up when I get a bike. That's for sure.
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Cool, welcome mate!
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Thanks very much
  7. Welcome to NR..
  8. welcome aboard :]
    • Like Like x 1
  9. Thanks Lazy Libran and Jeffco!
  10. Howdy & Welcome to NR!
    • Like Like x 1