Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

New member (& new rider!)

Discussion in 'Welcome Lounge' started by ryan_a, Jan 16, 2008.

1. Hi people!

Following Instructions: I just joined up (to the forum). I'm a learner rider (well... as of Monday after the course) and about to purchase my first bike!

I was very close to getting a bike a few years ago after doing HART training in Sydney... But never did.

Not Following Instructions: Instead of buying a POS I put a deposit down on the new 2008 Ninja 250R. Now I just have to wait for the second or third shipment of them to AU and then I'm on the road :)

Once my riding confidence is up a bit I'll come join the rides. I'm looking forward to doing a lot of riding in the future!

2. Welcome aboard!

They look like a great new ride! Hope you got the green one!
  3. hello and welcome :cool:
    ive been to coffee night but to now still havnt been on a rideas i always seem to be busy those night :facepalm:
  4. I wish! The first thing I asked was "can you get the green ones?". Kawasaki are only shipping the Black and Red ones initially. I was told they may ship the green ones later in the year to generate more interest.

Kind of like how they're staggering the delivery of them, the first two shipments are all sold out! I might have to wait until end of March...

Oh, and I ordered black. I just have to be careful not to drop the thing :)
  5. Welcome Aboard Ryan !!
    Nice Ride !! Congrats :biker:
    Many will say your first should be a POS, however a little care, a lot of practice and a dash of luck should keep your bike rubber-side down at all times.
    Emphasis on 'should' .. it's not a perfect world :wink:
    Take Care out there
  6. Word of warning. If you're taking it home on a motorbike trailer from the dealership, triple check it's tied down right. Having your brand new first bike fall over on the way home is, rather upsetting. Trust me, i know.

Welcome to the forum. :)