Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

New Member - Melbourne

Discussion in 'Welcome Lounge' started by GypsyFeet, Jun 18, 2015.

1. Hey all,
    Just thought I'd introduce myself since I just signed up!
    I'm a chick in my late 30's and I grew up on a farm and we had a little old Suzuki RV90 some of the time, so I learnt to ride on that but that was many years ago and only paddock bashing!
    So I finally got my act together, did my 'L's and bought a bike end of Dec last year. Bought myself a new Honda CB300FA, which I got delivered and it arrived Christmas eve :) I wish I'd done it years ago!
    Now need to work myself up to retiring the yellow plate and the orange vest. I'm hoping to maybe get myself to some practise sessions to build my confidence.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Welcome to NR ..

Come on down to the Saturday practice sessions .
  3. Welcome, As Lazy LibranLazy Libran said, Saturday Practice in Elwood/St Kilda is worthwhile. What part of Melbourne are you in?
  4. Howdy and welcome to NR GypsyFeetGypsyFeet . I hope you have big plans for the vest when it comes to getting rid of it. I'm planning on a good old fashioned ceremonial burning.
  5. Howdy & Welcome to NR! Great choice in bike :)
  6. Thanks Goldenberri, nah no ceremonial burning here I'll probably just use it at work, I'm supposed to wear one so the kiddies can see me on yard duty but I hate the ones they provide. Although I do like the idea of a burning :)
    • Like Like x 1

7. Thanks Jaytee,
    I like it, it was partly price and partly the thought that I'd be able to have fun on it and hopefully not scare myself too easily :) Although after I get experience I'll definitely go bigger :]
  8. What colour did you end up getting the bike in? It should serve you well for the 3 year restricted period.
  9. Yeah that's what I thought, I got it in white
  10. G'day GypsyFeetGypsyFeet and welcome to NR. A new, shiny Honda CB300FA would've made a very nice Christmas gift to yourself! Congratulations for getting your Ls and motorcycle.
  11. Nice, the white model looks great.
  12. Hey CJVFR
    thanks for the welcome I'm out west :)
  13. Thanks XJ6N I thought it was pretty cool
    • Like Like x 1
  14. There's a few of us Westsiders.. we're slowly but surely taking over!
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  15. Welcome fellow westie newbie.

Agree with all the other, the practice sessions are great for getting things nailed!
    • Like Like x 1
  16. Uncle Greg............3,2,1
  17. Hi and welcome GypsyFeetGypsyFeet , another one from the west side, yay! Congrats on the new bike, looking forward to some pics and catching up on a ride some day, cheers :)
    • Like Like x 1
  18. That's enough to make you believe in Santa.
    • Like Like x 1
  19. Hi, welcome and enjoy.
    The Xmas pressies you get yourself are always the best.
    • Like Like x 1