Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

New Member Introduction

Discussion in 'New Riders and Riding Tips' started by Kane Mortlock, Sep 12, 2005.

1. Hi all,

Introduction time. Male 28 years old and God willing I'm doing my Learners in a couple of weeks to finally satisfy the "I want a bike" mission about the third time it has come around since I was 16 or so.

I live at Wollongong, where I'm an arts-law university student, (read: so I have no money).

I'm probably looking for the $2500 GPX ZZR kind of thing. I'm 28, so I don't see the logic behind buying a repeatedly thrashed CBRRRR etc. for a year or two.

Any advice on bike mechanics in the Wollongong area, buying bikes, places to get them inspected etc. would be very appreciated.

Other than that, I really should get back to my university work. Hope to be on two wheels in a bit.

Bye for now,

Kane Mortlock. :)
  2. Hi there mate and welcome.

:D :D
  3. Welcome and trust me, once you finally get a bike on the road you'll wonder why you never did it sooner.
  4. ...

Well, the last two times it was money, (no need to wonder). :cry:

Still a bloody issue. :evil:

5. Welcome to the forums Kane. :)
  6. Welcome Kane - ignore everything that hornet600 and rc36Honda say, they're from the Gong too ! :twisted:
  7. Hey Kane,

Welcome to the forum. If you need assistance with anything ( despite what some of the turds and wankers who know absolutely nothing about bikes keep flapping their gums ) RC36 and Hornet will not steer you wrong if you need assistance. :D :D :D

Kane, one thing you will notice is that maybe 1% of people on this site know something about bikes and maybe 0.5% actually know how to ride well. The rest have great intentions but are definately to be steered clear from..... :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Me, personally, I will steer you in the wrong direction when it comes to riding. I cant ride for shite... :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Seriously though, enjoy the site.

8. Welcome to the house of fun
    Welcome to the lions den

Oh and with every thread you read 90% is just waffle , but the tricky part is working out whats relevant and whats waffle

:LOL: :LOL: :LOL:
  9. oh, and Kane, ignore anything you hear from VTRBob - the man's cheese slid of the cracker years ago ......
  10. I can vouch for Doonks.... Bob's cracker does smell south of cheese.... :LOL: :LOL:
  11. no cross posting, it's just not cricket ........
  12. kane get in touch with N1GH7-R1D3R. He's a new Wollongong rider, and he's also at the Uni. Sure he'd like to help you, he's just been through the buying process too!
  13. Gday and welcome to the site mate

Cheers 8)
  14. 'allo mate

'n' welcome