Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

New member introduction

Discussion in 'Welcome Lounge' started by KH44, May 3, 2016.

1. Hi Netrider,

I've been registered with Netrider for a while but because I'm technologically challenged this is my first post; I'm from Melbourne and resumed my riding career in 2008, having ridden in my early 20's (Suzuki X7). I was the only female to attend the inaugural Stay Upright training course at Benalla. I stopped riding after a couple of years because I was a bit wild and thought I might kill myself or someone else; then in my 50's had a life crisis and one night had a dream where I was riding a motorcycle and was passing my (now ex) husband on his bike. Being somewhat less wild by then I spent 6-9 months practising at HART training courses then bought a Yamaha Scorpio 225, which was a great little bike to get back on the rode (am also vertically challenged); Having safely negotiated commuter traffic for 12 months I graduated to a Triumph Street Triple at the end of 2009 and have been really enjoying it ever since, mostly safely. A couple of rear enders and a slip on a wet mountain road. Otherwise I'm generally a cautious rider (I don't bounce like I used to) though occasionally succumb to the red mist, but I guess you could call mine more a pink mist! Keep up the good work Netrider, Cheers K

• Like Like x 3
  2. Howdy & Welcome to NR!
  3. Welcome to NR from Adelaide. This forum thing is fairly new to me too, but there are some good people on here and you should be able to find someone to ride with.
  4. Great story, I love motorcycle dreams :) welcome aboard