Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

New member intro

Discussion in 'Welcome Lounge' started by Jimpoole, Mar 13, 2016.

1. Hi guys,
    Name's Cameron, long time lurker, huge fan.
    Been riding for 5-ish years on a variety of bikes, currently a CBF250, with a GSX750 in the shed waiting for my full licence.
    I commute daily, and am interested in touring. Hope to meet some new people to ride with.
    Thanks for having me.

2. Welcome to NR Cameron
  3. Thanks man
  4. welcome aboard :)
  5. Welcome to NR...
  6. Welcome. How long

till the full licence? Well, you're obviously good at waiting.....
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. G'day JimJim, er...CameronCameron...er...

Welcome to Netrider. :] I'm another daily motorcycle commuter, also interested in touring and waiting for my full rider licence; roll on that day!
  8. Sorry for the name confusion.
    Bought the GSX 6 months ago for $800 as a do-up and store, I have two months and 15 days until my 25th birthday when I can upgrade.
    The CBF is painfully and woefully slow. I used to have a DRZ-400SM before a period of unemployment forced me to sell her, so bit of a downgrade.
    I have been doing a little bit of scallywagging on the GSX previously, but it's definately not worth the risk of getting caught.
    Good at waiting indeed.
  9. Lol, that wait is going to be soooo painful!

Welcome Jim / Cam
  10. You're telling me. I have already done 6 months, I'm sure I can do a little more.
    I was incorrect last night, I'm actually down to 2 months and 9 days.
  11. Welcome Cameron/Jim (delete which ever is inapplicable).

How is Newcastle these days?

I used to commute from Beecroft to Beresfield, to strangle chooks for Steggles, and we'd often duck into Newcastle for lunch..... I think it was called The Brewery, right down on the dockside.

BTW, if you really are a Cameron, it is expected of you to wear some item of clothing in the correct Cameron tartan. ;)
  12. Welcome to the forum
  13. Welcome, fellow Newcastle rider here. Always keen to get out for a blat, so let me know if you're keen. :)
  14. Cam,
    Beresfield is a fair ride from the Brewery, I don't dig the 'nightlife' or the pub scene and don't go into town unless I absolutely have to, sometimes I'll even take a bus, concession for the win.:p Traffic is getting nightmarish, like everywhere really.

I'll give you a yell when I get a spare weekend. Although I wouldn't mind waiting until I can ride the GSX, I'm a bit tired of wringing the little bikes' neck.

Edit: Can you tell me what Cameron Tartan is?
    • Like Like x 1
  15. I can't really explain the whole tartan business, but, in short, there are quite a few "Cameron" tartans, some are related to clans or septs of clans.

The Cameron tartan I wear is actually not from a clan, but actually a military tartan designed for the Cameron Highlanders.

Which of the various tartans you wear depends on how you got to be called Cameron.

View attachment 49435
  16. Welcome to NR Cameron. Is there a story behind the Jimpoole username?

Best of luck with the wait. Hopefully you don't end up like this poster if you sneakily take the Suzuki out for a run. [VIC] - How much trouble am I in?
  17. Sheesh get to know him first or at least take him out to dinner :eek:

Welcome aboard JimpooleJimpoole , I feel your pain of counting down the days, hours, minutes and seconds to upgrading to a full license
    • Like Like x 1
  18. Welcome to NetRider JimpooleJimpoole! Keep your patience - waiting for your Full License . Patience is a virtue.
  19. Alright, I suppose I'll have to ask my parents!