Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

New member in Petrie, Qld.

Discussion in 'Welcome Lounge' at netrider.net.au started by Jerry4444, Apr 12, 2015.

1. Hi all, I'm returning to the 2 wheel world after 22 years away, (from asphalt anyway).
    I'm pretty set on an adventure tourer, have been looking around at different LAMS bikes, mainly at BMW 650 GS 3 or 4 year old.
    Now I find out I can buy a new KLR 650 for less than 8k inc. on roads.
    I'd be interested to hear some opinions.

I'm guessing there's plenty of forum topics dealing with this exact subject so I'll scroll about a bit as well.

Cheers.

2. Welcome back and also to the many varied and interesting views you will find on NR Jerry4444Jerry4444.

3. Welcome back to life as it should be Jerry

4. Welcome back

5. Welcome back Jerry. What did you used to ride?

6. Back when I was 18, I spent a couple of years charging around NZ on a XV750 Virago, before momentarily forgetting it handled like a brick, crashing and amazingly not dying. Haven't owned a registered bike since, and after the convo with the wife last night, looks like it may stay that way unfortunately. Right at the moment, I'm only going to fully engage in battle if I know I can win.