Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

New Member, Hopeful Owner

Discussion in 'Welcome Lounge' started by gasbag69, Apr 4, 2016.

1. Hi all, new member here.
    A bit about me, I have a teenage son and I am hoping to start a little resto adventure with him.
    Looking to buy a couple of old DT250's to restore and ride together.
    Hoping that this might be a source of enjoyment and father son bonding like it was with my father and I.
    Looking forward to any advice I can get from fellow members,
    thanks in advance

• Like Like x 3
  2. Hello and welcome to the forums Mike :happy: All the best with your restoration project, sounds like the perfect father-son adventure (y) I'm sure you'll find plenty of useful info on here, NR is a fantastic source of knowledge and amazing ideas.
    Hope to see some pictures when time comes. Btw, where are you based?
  3. welcome to Netrider Mike...sounds like a great project you are starting on! be sure to keep us posted as it progresses please :)
  4. Welcome mate, great project :cool:
  5. Welcome to NR. I have loved the rides with my children.
  6. Welcome to NR gasbag69gasbag69. My dad I tinkered with cars when I was younger, great bonding as you know. Once my son is a bit older, I will do something similar to what you are planning.
  7. Based in Adelaide Fr33dm
    • Like Like x 1
  8. Will do davidk
    • Like Like x 1
  9. Thanks also to 69SIM, Eric and MadDog
  10. Welcome gasbag69gasbag69, have got a DT200L that hopefully my son and I can restore when he moves back closer to home, have had it since new but it has been neglected and needs some tlc, great to share with your kids