Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

New member from SW Sydney

Discussion in 'Welcome Lounge' started by elmgee, Jan 12, 2015.

1. Howdy folks!

I've been riding my 2012 Ninja 650L now for about 10 months. Passed my MOST a couple of months ago.

Looking for riding buddies in the Macarthur area of SW Sydney. Usually head out for a ride most Saturday mornings.

Ride safe!
    • Like Like x 1
  2. elmgeeelmgee - Welcome to the forums from sunny, rainy, sunny, rainy, sunny Melbourne!
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Welcome!
    Not sure about Macarthur but there's a bloke from Campbelltown on here..
    I think it was .. S1L3NT - can't forget that MT-07
    • Like Like x 1
  4. Great, another westy ... j/k :p

Welcome aboard. I've moved east now but I still make my way out to the Oaks and Lake Burragorang when I can.
  5. Welcome to the forum
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Thanks for the welcome (I think). What is it they say? You can take the boy out of the west, but you can't take the west out of the boy? :)

Love riding out to the Burragorang Valley lookout!
    • Like Like x 1
  7. Thanks hyper. I'm right next to Campbelltown!
  8. welcome aboard :]
  9. Welcome!

people from Parra to Penrif are Westies, but from C'town are SWesties :D
    • Like Like x 2
  10. I try to keep it in, but my friends tell me it takes about 3 schooners for my accent to come out. :wacky:

I'm not one to discriminate - AFAIC anything to the left of Strathfield is The West.
    • Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  11. I'm always up for a ride! Love the Nasho and down the south west.
    Keep an eye out on events for the occasional group ride.
    We aren't as openly social with coffee rides, pub get togethers etc as the Melbournites but
    apparently there are Sydney rides organised via PM only, so if you aren't in the clique ya dip out:grumpy:
    But I am sure there are a few of us who will gladly let you know if we are heading that way and we can hook up:)
  12. Thanks! :)
  13. Thanks! :)
  14. Thanks. That would be awesome.
  15. Thought I'd post some pics of the bike in a nice location. :)

image. image. image. image.
    • Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
  16. Let me know when you're out this way next. :)
    • Like Like x 1
  17. Thanks muchly for the tips! :)
  18. Yep, when you said to me that we aren't as active as the VIC guys, I disagreed and told you we often organise rides via PM. It's more for when we want to ride with mates, not unknowns.
    Look at the NSW rides and event announcements, I have a considerable number of publicly organised rides in there catering to the noobs as well as everyone else.
    I will very rarely start the bike for a 50km run through the nasho and back though, and never for a poser run riding around Suburban Sydney, the beaches etc. I can think of nothing more frustrating and annoying, so if anyone wants to do 400+km to Kangaroo Valley, the Putty loop, or 2000km over a weekend in the Snowy or Port mac region I'm all ears. My rides fill fast though - because they are good :)
    • Like Like x 1
  19. #19 Oldmaid, Jan 15, 2015
    Last edited: Jan 15, 2015
    TWEETTWEET I know you so kindly do the big runs and welcome the noobie unknowns along! You love the long trips which I want to do as well.:D
    Just no coffee , smallish runs for green riders to test out and maybe find someone they like to ride regularly with plus can easily wave goodbye to if it isn't working for them...;)
    I don't see those shorter kinds of runs listed other than the sat learner's sessions, that's all... some of us have to start small and work up:)
    • Agree Agree x 2
  20. As above, 400km in a day is a short run, and it offers a wide variety of roads to ride on without BS suburban traffic that means more time stuck at lights than enjoying the roads. Weekdays I'm especially available for these, with weekends for the more fun rides to great places.
    If people don't get along, theres no issue, just say thanks and see ya. I told a person only a couple of weeks back they wouldn't be getting any further invites to any of my rides because they rode in a manner that put themselves and the rest of us at risk. Easy.
    • Like Like x 1