Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

New member from Melbourne

Discussion in 'Welcome Lounge' started by Vinceblack, Feb 6, 2011.

1. HI to all. Just got my first real bike. Upgraded from a 200cc scooter to a 2008 Suziki Intruder LC 250cc. Love it!!! I hope to learn heaps from this site and I sure I will.
    Safe riding to all

2. Welcome, Vinny

I'm sure you're noticing some differences between the two bikes already :LOL:
  3. Hey Vinny, hope you had fun today.....
    Got plenty more roads where they came from!

4. Oh, here's one of the pics I took of our bikes outside the Woodend bakery....

5. Nice ride Vinny!! (And Welcome!)

...yours isn't bad too Joe :p
  6. Greetings new person :) Have fun out there.
  7. Nice bike Vinny. I got hooked on 2 wheels by riding a friends Virago and thought it was the best thing at the time cause it moved my soul.
  8. Stylish ride man, you must feel mighty cool :)

I'll come for a ride with you and joe, let me know when your heading out.
  9. Hey Vinnie,

Welcome and enjoy the bike!!

10. Welcome Vinny... nice wheels dude :)
  11. Welcome aboard!
  12. Ha ha

Vince has already upgraded from the Intruder to this brand new V Star...
    Like I didn't know that would happen....hehe

13. Well, I finally did it.. Upgraded from a 2008 Suzuki Intruder 250 to a brand new 2011-Yamaha V-star 650 Custom. What difference!!!! So much more stability and feel more secure on the road. Thanks Joe for all your continuing support in a new rider.
  14. Love the black custom model, bewdiful! Congrats mate.

So when does the customising start? :D
  15. Had a look at sissy bars. Couldnt believe my ears when I was told the price. Starting out at $700, but where i bought it from said they could do a deal for $550.. Rather save up and get Vance and Hines pipes...
  16. Hehehe - Hey Vince - love the wheels!!

You can join me and Jeronimo when we go on rides :p (Once I'm cleared to ride again anyway!!) :p
  17. Hey Vince,

Welcome. The 650 is a great bike, although the classic is much faster than the custom.......LOL

I put the V&H Cruzers on mine a few months ago and the difference is huge - you can actually hear the bike.

The sissy bar's are expensive, and there seems to be lots of different quality options - some good, some bad.

Hope you enjoy putting lots of Km's on the black beast!!!