Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

New member from Melb

Discussion in 'Welcome Lounge' at netrider.net.au started by rodman, Jun 13, 2013.

1. Hi Guys,

My name is Jarrod and I recently got my L's in January after riding scooters for the first time in Vietnam and surviving.

I've been into cars all my life and finally decided to get the bike licence.

I bought a 2007 VTR250 after reading a fair bit about them on here. It's a fun bike and I still have plenty to learn before I eventually get off my restrictions and upgrade.

I got my full (restricted) licence in April and try to get out on the bike every chance I get.

Hopefully see some of you guys around or on a ride some time.

Cheers!

2. Hi Jarrod, Where abouts are you based?

3. Hey mate,

I'm from Thornbury so Northern suburbs of Melb

4. I have also survived riding a motorbike in Vietnam, and I found two things challenging.

Riding on the opposite side of the road, compared to here, but also in Vietnam, at times other riders would travel down your side of the road hugging the curb, as they wanted to make an easy turn left.
    Which is a fine idea if you avoid the head-on!

People think riding here is a hazard, but the motorcycle deaths in Vietnam would send the TAC into spasms.

Congrats on surviving the Vietnam experience. Advance two spaces.

If you want to meet some other NetRiders, there is a gathering on each Saturday morning at Elwood, detailed here at this link.
    https://netrider.net.au/threads/saturday-10am-basic-skills-practice.115150/

If it is not raining I'll be there.

5. Welcome Jarrad, have a look at the Coffee nights links, thrusday night is high st northcote, turn up at sat prac session in Elwood, say hello to all.