Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

New member from Central Vic

Discussion in 'Welcome Lounge' at netrider.net.au started by malowner, Oct 20, 2015.

1. Hi Members,
    I'm from Central Victoria; Only started riding on the road the start of this year. So in Vic I will have some riding restrictions for 3 years. My first road bike is a Yamaha XV250 Virago. Relatively clean bike I've picked up in Melbourne.

I have been riding this bike for about 6 months, and just ordered some new straighter handlebars and new mirrors for it - as I'm quite tall I'm feeling a little cramped, may continue modifying this bike lightly for something fun to do and make it a little more cafe racer / bobber looking.

I've attached a pic of the bike after I tweaked the brakes and give it a good wash last night. Soon there will be black straight handlebars - might upload a pic once I've done this. :)

Thanks - look forward to being an active member and getting a lot of advice from you guys.

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 5
  2. Welcome to the forum, there is a growing Central Vic community so you may be able to catch up with some of them for a ride. If you feel like it one Saturday morning make the trek to Saturday practice in Elwood/StKilda. I know it makes a long day of it but you will get to meet some of the characters around here face to face.

3. Welcome to the site!

Definitely worth it to go down, I just made the trek from Ballarat the weekend just past and I can't wait to do it again, stick around the ride afterwards next time too :p

4. Welcome to Netrider and keep posting pics :)

5. Welcome mate, look forward to seeing the mods. Lightly modded seems to always become moderately modded, or even heavily modded LOL.

6. Yes. You were right. After work tonight she was stripped of her stock air pods, mirrors and even had to take the angle grinder to her as one mirrror seemed to be rusted in solid.

Thanks for the welcome everyone.

7. welcome aboard :] nice looking bike

8. Since this post I have ordered air pods, handlebars, indicators and mirrors. :sneaky::sneaky::sneaky:

• Funny Funny x 1
  9. Welcome aboard. New rider from Shepparton here myself. Enjoy and stay upright

10. So I've already done bars mirrors and filters haha couldn't help myself. Much easier to control now though.
    2015-10-28_14-20-06-.41325.

Mirrors are on the way, still wondering about a tan cafe racer seat.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Welcome to nr ans new bars do look better, jump on a 650 and take one for a spin. :) you will like !