Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

new member from canberra

Discussion in 'Welcome Lounge' at netrider.net.au started by boutros, Apr 3, 2012.

1. Hi all,

I have just joined and this is my first post. I got my L plates on Monday and have spent the last few weeks pouring over websites agonising over the right type of bike to buy. I know there is a page for questions related to that elsewhere on the forum so i will be a good boy and limit myself to the relevant pages for that.

By way of background I am a 34 year old lawyer, married with two kids in the burbs. I am getting a bike primarily as a car replacement to commute to work and save petrol and parking costs. It is also a fantasy I have always had but never satisfied as people always told me I was too boring to be a bike rider. I will show them!

I'm interested I getting to know more about bike riding and the community at large primarily as i actually don't know anyone with a bike.

See you round!

2. YOu have come to the right forum

I am also in Canberra area

Welcome

Do you have all your gear yet ?

3. Hey boutros, welcome to NR. What style of bike are you into; cruisers , road , motard to do the commute on?

4. Welcome to NR Boutros. I'm in Canberra too.