Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

New member from Canberra

Discussion in 'Welcome Lounge' started by wyno, Oct 24, 2011.

1. Hi everyone.
    I've been lurking here for a while enjoying the information that is available. I've been especially interested in the stuff about the motorcycle safety inquiry in Victoria as I only moved from there in January.
    Anyway, about me. I'm a returning rider. I let my Vic licence lapse in 1984 and had to go on L's here in Canberra, where they have a power to weight ratio instead of a capacity limit, so I bought myself a Moto Guzzi 750 Breva. Since getting my L's at the end of April, I've done just over 10,000k and have ridden in rain, hail, cold (minus 8) and sun. I went to the 90th anniversary bash at Motociclio in Sydney and found out that motorcycle gear that says it's waterproof really isn't. But I've had a great time and I love being back riding.

2. Welcome back to riding and welcome to NR. (y)

Awesome bike you got there. I just love the Guzzi's & hope to own one in the distant future.
  3. Thanks Guys. Lazy Libran, sounds like you need a Griso.
  4. Hello Mike. Top name, that, eh? [wink] I should be able to remember it. We have that much in common.

Welcome to NR, and welcome back to the fold.

The rain gear? You're reading it wrong. The label that says 'water proof' is printed on plastic. You could soak that plastic for a hundred years and you'd still be able to read 'water proof' on it. How much more water proof do you want? LOL. It's got to be better than an army greatcoat or trenchcoat. Not only were people still wearing those as motorcycle gear in '78 when I started riding (on the road) but they were firmly advising impressionable youths such as myself to do the same. From this I learned something important - just because an old motorcyclist has done something for 40 years doesn't it's right or that you should listen to him.

Welcome aboard. It's nice to have you along.