Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

New Member from Bunbury W.A

Discussion in 'Welcome Lounge' started by damo2211, Sep 29, 2015.

1. Hi my names Damo, I'm 39 and have only been riding for just under a year.
    Most of my life I have never really been interested in motorbikes then for the last 2 years there has been like a calling inside to get my bike license, so last year booked my lessons and went of it.
    Best thing I have done, although I didn't pass my test the first go but that was due to my nerves.
    So for my first bike I bought a 2004 Suzuki GS500F, intimidating at first compared to the CB125 I learnt on, I soon clocked up 7000km's in the first month and have done 27000kms in 10months.
    Being a bike rider I soon thought the GS500 was a bit slow so I bought a slip-on, K&N air filter and jetted it out, it was good for a while but wanted more acceleration so I put 14tooth sprocket on the front which helped for acceleration but not good for hwy.
    Anyway soon be able to go for my open class :)

• Like Like x 1
  2. G'day DamoDamo, welcome to Netrider. That's a very impressive number of kilometres in the first month of riding and then over the subsequent ten months!
  3. welcome aboard :]
  4. Jaysus! 27,000 km in ten months? Bit bow-legged by now?
  5. So you don't get out that much, then...:wacky:
  6. Thanks, i know hard to believe but love to get out there and ride. Not bow legged lol, the bike is a bit too small for me.
  7. Welcome to NR..

8. G''day Damo, good to see ya knocken up some kays mate, are you a member of PSB
  9. Yes I just joined the other day