Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

New member from Brisbane Northside

Discussion in 'Welcome Lounge' started by PT-Bne, Jan 8, 2011.

1. Hi all,
    Registered recently and been lurking for a while.

Picked up my first bike just before Xmas. A Kawasaki ER6NL. Which I bought from Team Moto at Bowen Hills. That has been an experience ](*,)

Have wanted a bike for years and years and the wife has finally agreed.

Haven't been able to ride a great deal yet, so the bikes still not run in. Bike is purely recreational and not needed for commuting. Few friends with bikes so will be doing a few overnight weekend rides here and there.

Looking for an aftermarket exhaust for it, finding one I like that is readily available is proving to be difficult, but that's for another thread.

See you on the black stuff 8-[

2. welcome to the nutfactory.
    there's a few of us northside, where abouts are you??
  3. Thanks TF - live at Eatons Hill.

Are there many groups rides on the northside?
  4. we try, but with this rain everyone pretty much skirts out
    keep an eye on this section for group rides.
  5. hey what can i say , i just dont like riding in the rain . Enjoy your stay , ask 101 questions, but try to use search first.

Brisbane riders try and go out bi monthly of late, trying to do monthly but weather is a killer
  6. Thanks again TF. Will keep an eye on it.

I'm with you Ben - a fair weather sailor. This weather is the key reason there is only 200km's on the bike (that and a couple of kidney stones through the New Year break slowed me down a bit). I wonder how much longer it can continue raining constantly.

Have learnt a heap from this site without a post - there is a wealth of information available by searching. Credit to the members.
  7. Another northsider !

Ive only been on this board for a few months myself, and i have recently upgraded from a scooter to a Suzuki GS500F.
  8. welcome mate
  9. Hi Paul and welcome to NR bud.
  10. I'm from up your way too although I haven't been on any group rides. I'm fed up with the rain as well....totally........ Welcome to NR.
  11. Thanks for the welcomes.