Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

New member from Albury

Discussion in 'Welcome Lounge' at netrider.net.au started by dnardy, Aug 22, 2013.

1. Hey guys and girls. 28 year old who just got my L's, and have accumulated a bit of gear but haven't found a bike yet. Let me know if you have something cheap lying around (I'm talking around $1000) in roadworthy or close to roadworthy condition.
    Hope to be riding soon.

2. Welcome to NR(y)

3. I have a cheap VTR lying around.

However, not $1K.

I'll do a "Welcome to NR Price of $3300! :)

4. Hi and welcome.
    Check the local rag, border mm. Seems to have a good range of bikes on a Saturday.
    Dont think you'd get muchof a bargain at your local bike shops down there (just my experiences anyway).
    Just get a bike before the good weather gets here, as you are located in prestine riding country. I spend most of my riding down your way in the warmer months.
    Cya sometime,
    Dobbo

5. welcome dnardy

6. Thanks guys. Keeping my eyes peeled, posting wanted ad's etc. So far a CBR and 81 GS450 have popped up as possibles, but both owners seem a little cagey and I don't have high hopes. Please spread the word and let me know if you hear anything.

7. A mate has offered me her 2000 vtr250 for a grand! Absolutely stoked. See you all on the road in a couple of months!

8. Welcome dude good luck on finding a ride