Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

New member as well

Discussion in 'Welcome Lounge' at netrider.net.au started by Mollymooka, Sep 8, 2016.

Tags:
  1. #1 Mollymooka, Sep 8, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 9, 2016
    I have just joined. I Iniatally I was after some help on purchasing a new Helmut. I just purchased a 2nd hand

2003 Honda VT750C Shadow Classic
    I rode the bike home yesterday (over 300klms) and the Helmut I had, nearly drove me crazy as it was that noisy. I will search threads for assistance but if anyone has any advice it would be greatly appreciated.

2. Welcome :)

3. Welcome...

Did you use ear buds?
    There will be air noise on any helmet when travelling at 80kmph or higher...

4. Helmet my friend...Welcome

5. welcome aboard :)

as specspec mentioned try ear buds (y)

6. Welcome to NR, all helmets will have some noise, usually the better vented they are the noisier they are and some bikes tend to generate more wind blast therefore noise than others, most cruiser style bikes are bad in that area, as suggested ear plugs are a good idea, otherwise trial and error till you find a quieter helmet!

7. No I didn't have any with me. Wasn't aware it would be that noisy.

8. Welcome to NR from Adelaide

9. Ear buds are an absolute must have - from what the doc says - once you loose hearing, there's no regeneration - it's gone forever...

I'm using the malleable gum type ones now but will be getting a musicians type mould done soon, probably in the next month or so.
    The insert type ones just weren't comfortable and would shift as soon as I put the helmet on...

10. Welcome to the forum MollymookaMollymooka , congrats on the new bike :)
    I have a Shoei helmet but due to its ventilation system it isn't as quiet (safety above noise!). However a pair of EarMoulds and they're brilliant. I got them retrofitted with speakers to hear gps/calls/music.
    Well Worth the $ when long term touring !