Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

New Melbourne member

Discussion in 'Welcome Lounge' started by Trent CBR1000rr, Aug 28, 2014.

1. Hello guys and girls, my name is Trent Smith and I have just joined netrider. I have been riding for 3 years now and have progressed from a Postie to a 2000 R-6 and just recently upgraded to a 2007 CBR1000rr fireblade in black. I do not have any of my social friends who ride so I do all my riding alone which is fun but sometimes feel that riding with other sports bike riders will help develop my skills and talk bike crap with similar minded people. I will keep an eye on the event forum as meeting up and doing social rides in and around the inner city areas on Friday and Saturdays day or night would be great. Due to all my riding being alone I do not even know what level of riding skills I have?????
    Anyway its great to be on board.

Cheers Trent.
    • Like Like x 2
  2. G'day Trent, welcome, you shouldn't have any trouble finding riders on here in Melb.
  3. Welcome Trent :)
  4. Hey, Trent, welcome to Netrider :). As Chris says, you shouldn't have any shortage of people to ride with in Melbourne! There's also in Melbourne a lot of people in the motorcycle and other trades who offer Netrider Premium Members discounts on goods and services. It's only a once off fee of $10.
    • Like Like x 1
  5. G'day Trent. Since you don't know what level your riding skills are, come down to the Saturday learner practice session behind the Elwood BP (see the first post for the relevant thread in the Victorian events area). Plenty of non-learners come, so don't think you'll be the odd one out. Weave through some cones, do some emergency braking practice, then you can join the after-ride to somewhere a little bit more fun than the inner city. It's a learner friendly ride, so you can take it easy if it's a piece of cake, or go at a pace you're comfortable with if it poses a few challenges. Plenty of non-learners go, and they simply end up near the front, where they're given corner marking duties, then they work their way back up to the front after the Tail End Charlie (TEC) reaches them and relieves them of corner marking duties. ie: there's something in it for everyone. Then there's the option of moving into full day rides and even night rides of different levels.

Oh, and before I forget...

Are you hot?

Welcome to Nutrider! :wacky:
  6. Welcome to NR....

Come down to the sat prac once... Lots of like minded people there...

Oh..and bring cake! ;)
  7. Thanks for all the responses. I will attempt to attend some of the recommended events and se how things go from there. The Learner thing sounds like a good place to start.

I am not sure what the 'are you hot?' is all about. (Temperature or looks)
  8. Looks!

They used to only ask girls, but that was considered sexist, so now they just ask everyone :)
    • Like Like x 1
  9. Gday trent Nicko here i see youre over hampton way are you farmiliar with riding the yarra ranges area. I do a fair bit of riding there on my gixxer1000 if your keen for a riding buddy.