Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

new leathers and waterproofing them

Discussion in 'Riding Gear and Bike Accessories/Parts' started by oz_johnno, Aug 31, 2010.

1. Howdi,
    After many years of riding I have deceided to pick up a set of leathers (pick em up on thursday actually)

go the red power ranger !!!

they are a good brand and I need the protection so I can put up with the colour.

anyways as far as looking after them is concerned, I was wondering if it was possible to somehow waterproof them with some sort of leather conditioner......

any ideas ??

2. I used Sno Seal on mine but have not had them wet yet.

I do, however, slide around on the seat a lot more and dirty my tank with wax all the time 8-[
  3. Man I like those carbon helmets...I want one :-( now :-(
  4. I use renapur.
  5. I second that. Sno Seal is easy to apply but it does leave a mess on your tank. I went as far as wiping the leathers down again with a clean cloth but still not a lot of difference.

6. this is not a problem with renapur.

7. The best thing for leathers is Mink Oil.

Attached Files:

8. I've had success with coating my jacket in neatsfoot oil and another product, the name of which eludes me for the moment. Ill get the names and supplier when I get home.