Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

New leather Jacket Question

Discussion in 'Riding Gear and Bike Accessories/Parts' started by OscarA, Apr 7, 2009.

1. I purchased a second hand but new Mars Leather Jacket from ebay the other day.
    When I picked it up I tried it on and must say it's a stunning jacket but a very tight fit.
    The guy I got it from says it'll be fine and as it's new it'll give a little, is this really the case do leather jackets loosen up much after a few weeks or months of use?

2. Leather does stretch a bit from wearing.
    Just wear it a bit you should be fine.

Either go riding or if you can't then get a motorbike game, gear up and play it :p
  3. I prefer just walking around in my jacket doing day to day things, like shopping, having a coffee, meetings with clients, out on dates, walking the dog, going for a run, playing squash, bike riding, swimming, snowboarding, sitting. :LOL:
  4. Depends on your definition of "tight". Yes they will loosen or soften up with use but if it is really tight across the shoulders or is pulling between the cuffs and shoulders you may need a bigger size.
  5. Thanks for the replies guys.
    Good to see it will loosen I'll also try and lose a few Kilos just to make sure lol.
    I could do with trimming 5-7kg and loosing that gut of mine.