Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

New learner with a situation.. any clues?

Discussion in 'Scooters' started by 2troo, Oct 22, 2007.

1. Hey ya! Yippeeee i finally got the Licence!
    Trouble though.... I want to go home this arvo and take a wee ride....but my guy has gone away for a couple of days for work... my scoot is in the shed jambed in behind his 230kg bike... can i move it... safely???? Any hints on what NOT to do besides drop something so big i will never be able to pick it up.. leaving ugly evidence on pavement in front of garage? :eek:hno:

2. Maybe you can get all your friends over to help... I've heard that if you do it just in your bras and knickers it want catch on your clothes...

If aftewards you decide that you can't move it, just go inside and have a pillow fight...

sorry, that is probably anti-help isn't it... my bad...

goog luck,
  3. who has time to think about bras and knickers at a time like this! Iwannaridemybike!!!! and you have never moved or dropped a big bike b 4 ..have you? :?
  4. hmmmm 'tis indeed a dilemma.

On the one hand, you want to ride your scoot. But on the other hand, if you damage your guys bike you will be in trouble.

Do you have any bike riding friends who may be able to help you move it?

Along the same line as Daewoo was suggesting, maybe just go down to the main road and show a bit of leg and/or bust and someone is bound to stop and offer to help you out in one way or another. Of course this may not be such a good idea.

the only thing i can say is that if your really nervous about it, the bike can tell that and you will most likely drop it. I think you'll be stuck waiting for the boss to get home :(
  5. Ignore the others, their posts were silly.

Here's a suggestion. Throw a leg over the 230kg bike and ride that ! :LOL: :LOL: :roll: :wink:

6. Heya Duffman.. thanks.. i only had two hours to get some advice before i headed home so i posted in new riders tips... needed quick response :) got good help too. have a read - need to move a big bike by myself...etc.
    Aint it the best feeling to be on the road!
  7. Too true, 2troo! Enjoy!
  8. :p I would help. Launceston???