Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

New learner on the road!!

Discussion in 'New Riders and Riding Tips' started by Blue14, May 14, 2006.

1. Ok now i can reveal my reason for wanting to test ride little bikes and scooters and wonderful things like that. The wife got her L's this weekend. :grin: Wasnt allowed to say too much until she got it, well now she has it. So now we will have to add another rego and insurance to the list.. :shock:

2. Thats cool blue12, my fiance has expressed a desire for a scoot also. :)
  3. tell her to go for it. My wife was a little reluctant but i am sure she is more than happy now..
  4. Blue, we went from Nowra to Bateman's Bay to Dungendore to Braidwood to Bundanoon and back to Nowra yesterday. All big bikes except a lady on a 250 scooter. She wasn't that flash up the big long hills, but she kept up with the group and had a ball!!!
  5. good stuff man.. good on her.. have you picked up a scoot for her yet?
  6. Nah not yet. She likes a couple of the bolwell scooters so we will have a final look this week, then get her riding. I think i might even sell the Gpx and get one for myself. :grin:
  7. Thanks for the info paul. If she does get a scoot it will definately be be up towards 200cc. But then she still might get a bike then the opttions will open up..
  8. wha-pa-CHANG!

nah kidding.. easier to go down the shop and stuff with a scoot.. with storage room.. you could get an across and have the best of both worlds :D :D :D
  9. Just make sure you put fuel in it this time!!! :LOL: :LOL:

Sorry... just had to do that!!! :grin: :grin:
  10. Hmm lucky i like you.. :LOL: :LOL:
  11. Congrats!!!

12. Hee Hee!!!! :LOL: :bolt:
  13. Good for her - i am still waiting on my better half - she wants to but doesn't want to fail.
  14. The only thing better than having the wife as a pillion is to have her actually riding with you I reckon. I could never get my wife on a bike though. She's never even driven a manual car! :roll:
    Watching her trying to launch my young bloke's Yamaha MX80 was quite amusing.

Blue - current issue of Australian Motor Cycle News has write-ups on the Bolwell Euro MX 150 ($4499 + ORC) and the Bolwell Firenze 250 ($6990 + ORC). Both look pretty well appointed and compare well with Vespa etc.

edited because I can't seem to spell proper like this morn
  15. Thanks for the info.. ill have a look.