Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

new learner in brissy

Discussion in 'Welcome Lounge' at netrider.net.au started by BrownEyes, Jul 31, 2009.

1. Hi there everyone... just come in to say "hi"

I'm completely new to bikes, but my lovely hubby gave me a q-ride training package for my birthday this year :) I've done the first day, two more to go. I'm absolutely loving it!! I bought myself a 2000 Honda VTR 250 which is sitting in my garage waiting for me to start riding it!

I'm in Brisbane, and I'm just hoping to learn all I can so I can be a safe rider on the road.

2. That's a good present, and a great bike too - you'll have heaps of fun on it.

Welcome to NR!

3. WELCOME TO NR!!

How do you find the vtr to learn on. I am thinking of getting my sister one as a surprise. She's brand new to riding and i just wanted to check how you find it weight wise? Is the throttle not too sensitive?

I have ridden one but it was years ago and i thought it best to get the perspective of a rider in her position.

CHEERS! Enjoy your riding! See you up mt Glorious!

4. I haven't been able to ride it yet. The company I'm doing my lessons through are going to put me on one during my next session. I'll let you know how I find it. From everything I've read and heard from people they're a great bike to learn on.

Can't wait to go up Mt Glorious!!! I live 5 minutes from Samford, so the weekends are going to be awesome when i've got my licence !!

5. Yeah mount Glorious is AWESOME! There is also some great riding in the gold coast hinterland.

Once on top of Mt Tamborine, head over the south side and explore. The roads are much nicer and not so many people on them either. A nice day ride from bris is to the St Bernards pub on top of Mt Tamborine, the beer garden is on the edge of the cliffs so has an epic view.

HAVE FUN! And good luck with your training!

6. Welcome.

Your husband sounds pretty decent, Q-ride for bday, brilliant! Does he ride also??

Enjoy the riding.

7. No he doesn't ride... not yet anyways :)

8. If your going up Glorious make sure you stick to the speed limits ALL the way along. It's scrutinised very well especially by unmarked bikes and cars. Hope you have fun though.

9. +10000

10. Welcome to netrider BrownEyes and enjoy your VTR250 :)

11. Welcome to NR! enjoy your riding, both ways :grin:

12. keep an eye out in the forums for the qld rides, we recently completed one that was in the gold coast hinterland and was a blast.