Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

New Learner from Tassie

Discussion in 'Welcome Lounge' started by automated, Jan 13, 2014.

1. Hello, my name is Simon and I've recently bought a Yamaha MT-03 and am learning to ride. So far it's been great, I've only clocked up about 500km so far mostly commuting to work but I feel like I'm learning new things every time I ride.

2. Welcome!
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Hi and welcome Simon. Great choice of bike, what part of Tas are you from, some of us are heading your way in march. Maybe you could meet us for a ride?
    • Like Like x 1
  4. Good stuff mate, awesome to see another Tassie member on here.
    • Like Like x 1

5. Cheers!

6. Hi Ned, I'm from Launceston. Hopefully the weather is still good in March, we've had some pretty old weather down here lately!

7. Thanks Tas man!
  8. Welcome! I look forward to hearing how the 03 goes.
    • Like Like x 1
  9. Welcome to NR mate.... That Scottsdale loop is a beauty but be careful of gravel and damp patches on the sideling
    • Like Like x 1
  10. G'day and welcome to NR!
    • Like Like x 1
  11. Welcome to the land of the possessed:)
    Mate youre living in a great place for riding. Been there once and coming back again end of Feb. Make the time and the effort to go for some serious bike training such as superbike school. Worth every cent as most people who've done it will tell you. Lots of good info on the newbie sections of this forum. Keep learning and ride to your limits, and there are no stupid questions when learning riding skills. Stay safe and enjoy the beautiful riding that Tassie offers.
    • Like Like x 1
  12. What he said! Sideling is awesome, but can be gravel and log trucks.

If taking a wander through Weldsborough pass, watch out for moss on the rd, particularly after a mild winter. It takes no prisoners.
    • Like Like x 1
  13. lol i was gonna mention that one too, but it's a bit further out.... be VERY careful on both sets of twisties between scottsdale and st helens.... but once you're up for it it's an EXCELLENT day loop back through st mary's pass and the fingal valley... even with 50km of slabbing on the end (you'll be tired by then anyway)