Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

New Learner from Sydney

Discussion in 'Welcome Lounge' started by Roguescholar, Apr 10, 2016.

1. Hi everyone,

I am a new learner from Sydney, previously I had done the pre-learner test (years ago), but never went through with the computer test.

A friend who started riding about a year ago convinced me and a work colleague to go and do the motorcycle license.
    The work colleague and I did the pre-learners together (so much logistics to try and get the same days off work!) and now we are looking for bikes.

I have an interest in all things so my thoughts have been moving between adventure and sportsbikes.
    Decisions, decisions...
  2. Welcome RoguescholarRoguescholar and yes decisions decisions, where possible sit/ride as many bikes you have in mind before making your final selection ;)
  3. Welcome to the forum, making a decision on which bike is for you is always an enjoyable but daunting task.
  4. G'day and welcome, RoguescholarRoguescholar - I like your forum handle. :]

It's a nice problem to have but one that drives me a bit batty. Let us know what you get.
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. Welcome to NR...

Have you sorted out your bike gear?

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. I have not sorted out my gear yet.

Have been to MCAS a few times to look at try on gear.

I am most likely to go with a Dririder Nordic 2, and some Kevlar jeans. Haven't really looked at boots or gloves yet.

But I have been reading a lot of forum posts and articles on bikes, and riding gear.

I did like the Dririder urban hoodie, it felt really comfortable and movement was great, just didn't seem the best thing for going off at speed.
    • Like Like x 1
  7. welcome aboard :) good luck on choosing a bike
  8. Welcome :cool: