Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

New Law?

Discussion in 'Politics, Laws, Government & Insurance' started by Shiftt, Aug 27, 2007.

1. Now i don't know if this is true or not.. I can not find anything on the internet about it. But as of late i have been told by a few people that they might be changing the law for L and P plater riders from a 250cc limit to a 600cc limit? Is this true or is it all b.s talk.

2. Sorry did not see that other thread. Would anyone happen to know when the new law comes into play?
  3. All cool, np. No idea, prob next year.
  4. pick a year.
    the writing has been on the wall for at least 3 years.
  5. My understanding is that it is July 2008.

Linky here
  6. Good work Cejay, just what i would have said.. :grin:
  7. does anyone have any info about any other countries (if any) that are LAMS approved?
    is this a popular thing around the world or are we pretty much the only ones?
    (i know the U.S has no restrictions)
  8. NSW has LAMS...

check out the list of bikes an L or P Plater can ride on .. RTA Website has all the approved LAMS... for NSW.

I kicked off on a GS500...
  9. Hey guys thank for all the info!
  10. It took a year from the announcement for NSW to implement it. There's a huge administrative and database change to be carried out.
  11. How does LAMS work for dirtbikes?

My nephew wants to get a dirt bike, but not a 250. He's looking at a 400 or thereabouts. Currently he's restricted to 250, regardless. But under LAMS what bikes would qualify? How does it work in other states where LAMS is in effect? What dirt bikes there would qualify?
  12. An XR600 is LAMS if he wants that much.