Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

New KTM spotted in Melb.

Discussion in 'Bike Reviews, Questions and Suggestions' started by titus, Sep 5, 2007.

1. Not so much a review, but it is NEWS!
    This morning a mate of mine spotted, and photographed, one of these
    on Ferntree Gully Road, (Vic), on it's way up to the hills.
    It is in KTM orange, can't read the decals so we can't tell whether it is the promised 1190 or the rumoured 690 supermono. My mate said he thought it sounded more like a twin (yum!)
    And no, he won't give me the image :(
    My guess is that there will be a story in one of the mags very soon...

2. nice.
    wonder what the expected RRP is?
  3. Firstly, why won't your mate give you the photo?

Secondly it look like it belongs in startrek :p
  4. 'Coz he's trying to sell it. Waste of time IMHO.

Yep, that it does.
    Sounds good though, apparently.
  5. Sounds like a scoop.

Most likely RC8.

The bike in the other photo looks like a ratbike with those bolted on mirrors.

6. It is indeed a different bike. A fully faired single cylinder sports bike - NOT the Supermoto as you rightly point out. I'll just have to trust his ears that what he saw was the RC8 1190 :)
    What I find surprising is that one is on the road here. Several have been spotted testing in Europe, though, as per the pic I linked to. For the local importers to have got hold of one, it must be pretty close to release.
    Expect to see it at the MC Expo and the GP perhaps?
  7. So do i, hence my call of BULLSHIT.
  8. So what are ACTUALLY saying, Elzilcho?
    You were there and have a different take on the identification? Or that you think I am just lying? Maybe you have more information than the rest of us? Put your cards on the table then.
    I am saying this: I saw the photo with my own eyes. As far as I can tell, it looks identical to publicised pics of the RC8 1190. It is orange and has a clearly identifiable KTM decal. It could be a mockup, but why would anyone bother? It could be another model (ie. Supermono) - I can't tell.
    I guess we will all find out soon enough :wink:
  9. MCN ran a story a week or two ago - KTM as part of a tax thing had to release all its upcoming models for 08, and somebody leaked it. This superbike was one of them. It's coming alright.