Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

New Kid

Discussion in 'Welcome Lounge' started by Knighty, Jun 29, 2009.

1. Hi all,
    I am a 23 year old Marine Technician in the RAN. I am 174cm tall 75-80Kg with dark blonde hair and green eyes.
    I live with my girlfriend of 7 years in Rockingham WA and have a 14 month old West Highland White Terrier named Jack.
    I have been riding for 3 months now on a learners permit and have my test in about 5 hours.
    I ride a 2006 Kawasaki GPX 250 that i bought from a friend for $1600 unregistered.
    My next bike will hopefully be a Buell 1125CR although i am beginning to think i might get a smaller bike in between.
    Lessons learnt so far:
    - Wind is scary the first time,
    - good gloves make early morning rideing so much better,
    - stalling at traffic lights can be dangerous
    - the riding bug catches on real hard and wont let go

2. welcome mate, good intro but to much information lol, good choice in buell but u do know they rattle and vibrate like hell, begin with the buell as your next bike if your confident in your riding, no need to get a smaller bike in between, train your wrist is the key on any bike u ride

cheers bud
  3. Welcome Knighty.
    The gpx is a good starter .. congrats. Only remember to keep your respect for wind .. it can be a bit unpredictable .. specially if you have too many onions!
  4. welcome, but as goz said, possibly a bit much info :p
  5. LOL welcome. SOOOOO whats your star sign? what foods do you like? :LOL:

Wind still is scray when your doin 100+km/h
  6. Buell hey, my cousin has one (1200 lightening) awsome bikes!
  7. A bit late but welcome mate.

I was a Marine Technician RAN, did 12 1/2 years, been out now for 9 years but still working in the Defence industry.

I own a Buell 1125cr and think it's an awesome bike and very comfortable with the optional raised bars.
    As a next bike for you it could possibly be ok as I find it a very easy bike to ride and the power delivery isn't too sudden (well unless you really want it to be), when you are up around 6,000rpm it feels like you have reached a peak but then there is plenty more. As with all bikes there is some discipline required. It will be a big eye opener compared to the GPX250 though.
  8. Welcome to Netrider, Knighty :)