Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

New Irish User :)

Discussion in 'Welcome Lounge' at netrider.net.au started by lippy11, Sep 1, 2011.

1. Hello Everybody!!

I'm from Ireland and I was directed here from another forum I use here in Ireland. I posed a thread on there asking about motocross in Australia and someone suggested I should make a visit to this forum!

I've posted the thread in one of the forums but maybe some of ye here could help me also?

I'll just re-post what I have previously posted!! Thanks, hope maybe someone can be of help. Lisa :)

"Hey all,

I've no idea if anybody can shed some light on this for me but worth a try..

Myself and my boyfriend are considering a move to Australia or the USA (which seems near impossible).

The motive of our move is to see a bit of the world, make some money and for him to try and expand his motocross career. He's a pro rider here in Ireland but for him to improve he feels he needs to move onto bigger and better tracks. America would be the best place but as I've mentioned getting a years working visa for there seems very difficult.

I myself would love a move to Australia but I was just wondering would anyone here know anything about motocross in Australia? Best areas, the competitive levels, is it big there etc etc? Any knowledge, help, info would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance :)"

2. Australia is crap, honestly this country is going down the drain, we may advertise ourselves as relaxed and fun loving. But really we have no freedom, pay heaps of tax and get speeding tickets all the dam time and we have a government that generally seeks to make our lives worse every god dam day. Not only that it costs a **** load to live here compared to the EU, just about everything is 3x the price.

Honestly hold out for an American visa, or move elsewhere in the EU or something. Australia is not worth it, this country died about 20 years ago.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news.

EDIT: Im not being sarcastic.

3. Really?! Oh my god, we here in Ireland hear nothing but good things about Aus!! My friend is living in Perth and she's going for residency she loves it that much over there.
    Ireland has well gone down the drain too, lifestyle here is just terrible and its got me thinking that there's got to be more to life than this and was hoping a move to Aus might change that for us!
    America is in a deep recession like here so a move there for work really wouldn't be the best option.
    Thanks for you reply :)

4. Move to Canada, it's our Mexico, and a sun-filled iceland of maple syrup and bears and mountains and Wolverine

5. My parents are from northern ireland and have never looked back since emigrating to australia. Our friends and relatives who visit just love it here. So much so that one is currently overstaying their visa!! Australians take their lifestyle for granted. Move here and you will escape rain, poverty and catholicism!! yay!!