Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

New in Cairns

Discussion in 'Welcome Lounge' at netrider.net.au started by slinkys, Sep 14, 2011.

1. Hi all, I'm new to Cairns (still finding my way home with Satnav...) but been in Oz for a year now. Finally settled enough to feel the bike abstinence come slowly...

Have full licence (-06) but due to traveling around the world not done any biking for a few years... Extremely scary to get back, considering also the aussie drivers (my God they're crazy) and I feel bit rusty. As soon as the confidence returns I'll be getting a Street Triple (I'm a short chick and barely can reach down on anything but GSX-R and Triumph!).

Would be delighted if any of you are up for a pillion passenger and maybe also would consider boosting my confidence later on by letting me tail you for few rides?(y)

As mentioned, I'm a short girl which means I have dropped a few bikes in my days. A recent back surgery makes it impossible for me to pick my bike up myself and that makes me even more worried... But once a biker, always a biker. I really wanna get back on!

(Have all my gear here so only thing missing is the bike itself)

And new friends are always welcome:beer:

2. Hello Slinkys - Welcome to NR.

I had a couple of weeks in Cairns recently (arrived a few hours before the cyclone, so... ) and I can confirm the drivers are crazy. That's Cairns, not all of Aus.

There are some really good rides around Cairns, but the town itself sucks. Anyway, good luck with it.