Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

New Hyosung 650 Comet

Discussion in 'New Riders and Riding Tips' started by hornet, May 26, 2006.

1. Does anyone know the rider of a new red Comet who does the Wollongong to Sutherland Hospital trip every day?
    He's on Ls and he's a real careful rider, but he must be bored out of his brain riding the freeway at 80 kph!!
    If I can see him stopped I'm going to suggest he does what I do, and takes the old Princes Highway, much less traffic and at least there's some bends.....

2. 80 kph? aint that dangerous on the freeway? all those impatient commodores stuck behind :?
  3. We used to have that same rule for learners in WA but they scrapped it a few years ago, thankfully. It really was counter productive and totally unsafe. All it does is make other road users try and overtake when they really shouldnt.
  4. I have to say I did not realy pay too much attention to that 80 km/h limit on my L's. It's just bloody dangerous, plain and simple. It was far asfer for me to be doing 90-95 than have tools sitting on my ass!
    Good on him for being a stickler, but sometimes some rules are just dumb!

Regards, Andrew.
  5. it could be my mate, does it have a band aid over the mirror cos he put it down on the harbour bridge recentley ?