Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

"New HUD Design for Motorcycle Helmets"

Discussion in 'Riding Gear and Bike Accessories/Parts' started by koma, Feb 19, 2005.

1. "Motorcyclists may soon be able to enjoy technology commonly seen in the cockpit thanks to a new innovative design concept by one of Brunel University's Design students. Piers Tucker has designed a new Head Mounted Display (HMD), which can be fitted to a motorcycle helmet, to allow motorcyclists to see the speed they are travelling at without taking their eyes off the road."

Interesting; bets on its the model after the new bluetooth BMW helmet :roll:
    But seriously, whats everyones opinions on this? Something tells me that id find it almost annoying whilst trying to concentrate on gunning through the twisties.
  2. ummm yeah :shock:

I can just imagine... all fine, then the electronics goes kaput...
    blue screen of death, screen locks up.

If it's like your average windoze OS, you'll have to take the helmet off and put it on again to reboot :?

I like the reviewers recommendation ... use MkI eyeballs :LOL:

3. what a load of marketing crap! thats what we have mirrors for...
  4. LMAO...

"Not recommended: waving an imaginary light sabre around at 80mph on the M25."