Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

New Hornet 1000

Discussion in 'General Motorcycling Discussion' at netrider.net.au started by Sleddog, Nov 7, 2007.

1. Not sure if their going to call it a hornet ,but anyways.

Now I know why they made the hornet 600 front look sooo sh1t ! , so you buy the 1000. :LOL:

See here for pic's.
    http://moto.caradisiac.com/Le-Salon-de-Milan-en-direct-Honda-CB1000R-673

And google CB1000R for other pics and info. :cool:

2. It looks like a transformer!!!! :D take a close look at the light assembly, you can distincly see a pair of robot-like eyes...

3. Well well well. They seem to have addressed all my want list items: 1000cc engine, better suspension, better brakes.

It's as fugly as a hatful of ar$eholes but I look forward to seeing how it rides!

4.  Top
  5. Don't think the 1000 is much better, think they took their design for the front headlamp assembly from an inflatable sex doll. And let's not mention the red-ringed exhaust tips.

6. That looks sweet except from that butt ugly front. The rest of it looks like a cross between the KTM Superduke and the MV Agusta Brutale.

The one sided-swingarm is sweetness! :grin:

I just with they'd bring the CB1000F to Oz... that bike would look so sweet with a bikini fairing on the front. Would give the Tuono or the XB12R a run for its money.

7. :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Not until they sold it with a standard CBR-RR engine (read: not detuned), Brembo brakes, braided lines, quality suspension... etc, etc. ;)

Not saying the Buell has those things, but the Tuono certainly does. But as a poor-man's alternative it could carve a niche: but hasn't the 900 already done that? :)

8. Holy $hit that ones freaking awesome looking bike! Hope they bring it to aus!!

9. Pretty . . . pretty ugly that is :!:

The red one at the top is a special version. The bottom yellow one is the standard version. So no red pipe ends for an off the shelf unit.

They said it isn't going to be called a Hornet.

10. WOW

that thing makes me want to upgrade!!!!

11. [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    I think it looks great, just hope Honda don't stuff it up with a weight of 200+ kg's.

What's that little circle thing just below the headlight?

12. obviously it's voice box :grin:

13. hmm.... personally i don't mind the look of the older 9 not too sure about the new model one though. Not a huge fan of the tiny ducktails, apart from that it looks fine

14. i sooo want one

15.  Top
  16. going by the look of the front of the thou, they should rename it, "The Wasp" :grin:

But it's a loooong way better looking than the old model!

17. Specifications:

Type Liquid-cooled 4-stroke 16-valve DOHC inline-4
    Displacement 998cm³
    Fuel capacity 17 litres (including 4-litre LCD-indicated reserve)
    Dimensions 2,090 x 775 x 1,090mm
    Tyre front 43mm inverted HMAS cartridge-type telescopic fork with stepless preload, compression and rebound adjustment, 120mm cushion stroke
    Tyre rear Monoshock with gas-charged HMAS damper featuring 10-step preload and stepless rebound damping adjustment, 128mm axle travel
    Clutch Wet, multiplate with coil springs

Features

New design crankcase covers feature eye-catching nickel-plated bolt heads

Short, compact and lightweight seat and tail cowl

LED taillight integrated under tail cowl

Advanced gravity die-cast aluminium Mono-Backbone frame

256mm rear disc brake with compact dual-piston calliper

Attractive new cast aluminium wheels feature swept 4-spoke design

Monoshock rear suspension with adjustable HMAS damper

Lightweight and powerful 998cm3 liquidcooled fuel-injected inline-4 engine based on 2007 CBR1000RR Fireblade

310mm floating front disc brakes feature same radial-mount callipers as new Fireblade

Combined-ABS version features 3-piston front brake callipers

Fully adjustable 43mm inverted front fork same as new Fireblade

Triangular multi-reflector headlight with distinctive LED position lamp

Honda Ignition Security System (HISS) helps prevent ride-away theft

Small and stylish 3-section LCD meter panel features wide-throw multi-segment LCD tachometer

18. Well written thoughts Loz. Enjoyed the read. :grin: